Raphael Saadiq on NPR
I love Raphael Saadiq. I think Instant Vintage and As Ray Ray are two of the best albums released this decade.
But eh, I’m lukewarm on The Way I See It. I wanted to love it more, but pleasant though it is, it felt like he was ripping off the 60s, not reinterpreting it (as he did with 70s funk on As Ray Ray).
That said, this video of Ray Ray’s acoustic performance of three of the better tracks from The Way I See It is proof that this dude is dope. Really – people should stop treating him like an afterthought.
Side note – If Raphael Saadiq doesn’t produce the new En Vogue album, I don’t want it.
- Album Review: Calvin Richardson’s Facts of Life
- Reality TV; Where Real Talent Goes to Die
- New Album of Covers Revisits Aaliyah with Beautiful Results
- New Music – Ledisi, Teedra Moses, Usher
- OB4CLII: Album of the Decade?